Looking for Russell Cushman art ?: http://russellcushmanart.blogspot.com/

Looking for BLUES HISTORY?
http://brazosvalleyblues.blogspot.com/

Looking for ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT?
http://brazosvalleyarts.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

How God works...

It had been a frustrating week, last week, ... and I had another bad day... Monday. We tried to finish the Blinn Sculpture but ran into a couple of snares.. and best laid plans fell apart. I went to bed exhausted and disgusted. After my weekly prayer breakfast this morning at Cow Talk, I told the Lord how depressed I was about my progress in trying to finish up the job in Brenham and prayed for a miracle. The last piece to be installed was a misshapen mess and my fabricators have been extra busy, and getting the piece remade or fixed today was unlikely. It looked like rain anyway, so I just asked for patience. I walked into the shop and almost immediately Vastine Hughes took away my mess and performed a healing and had it better than ever in minutes...
Derrol Herzog my welder agreed to meet me in Brenham immediately, and we had the last piece attached by around 9:30! Thank you Lord! You had just been waiting for me to ask.
I guess I'm done. I always try to drag my wife out to the site to tell me whether I am through or not... sometimes I get a little punchdrunk. She took this picture, so that makes it official.

1 comment:

ReynCush said...

Sounds like you got the right guys involved, Derrol and Vastine. Nothing like having contractors "buy into" a project. Their actions look like they saw the dream, which can be a real challenge to have happen. Congratulations! You guys pulled it off with only a couple of hitches. Looks great. Blinn will be proud. And Russell learned more about patience and trusting in the Lord. As mom use to say, "God didn't bring us this far just to kill us!"
Bro Reynolds