Looking for Russell Cushman art ?: http://russellcushmanart.blogspot.com/

Looking for BLUES HISTORY?
http://brazosvalleyblues.blogspot.com/

Looking for ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT?
http://brazosvalleyarts.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's good to be alive.


Just in case somebody did not hear about it, I had a heart attack last Saturday, April 17th and had to have four stints put in just one artery. The artery was almost totally blocked. Praise to God and thanks to the doctors that saved my life. Now I feel like a new man; An easter egg.

As the Sister at the hospital said, what a beautiful time of the year to have a life born anew. Each spring will forever have a special meaning to me. This bouquet in a mason jar brought to me by Larry Heidebreder seemed very fitting for my outlook and my new lease on life.

Our God is a God of second chances... and thirds and fourths... and I am determined not to waste a day of mine!

Thank you for your powerful prayers which were answered abundantly. Allelluia!

4 comments:

George Covington said...

Russell glad to hear you are okay. Watch the diet at the jazz fest!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're still with us!

Diane Furr said...

Good to hear you are Ok. nothing like a new lease and perspective on life. many of us students of yours are glad to see you are well. I finished the 3 paintings from the plein aire workshop and appreciate the boost you gave my art and know others feel the same. Take care from all of us in Matagorda County! Diane C Furr

Terry Holliday said...

Wow! I am in shock. Thank goodness you are okay. God is good. Take care. ~Terry